Indiana’s Feminist Collective.
Indy Feminists are:
- Individuals acting in unity to bring positive change for all Hoosiers, regardless of what oppressions they face.
- A collective promoting feminism and gender equality in Indiana by fighting multiple systems of oppression through civic participation and engagement.
- People who believe in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
What’s so special about Indy Feminists?
- Indy Feminists focuses on local issues of inequality.
- Indy Feminists subscribes to intersectional feminism. Intersectional feminism recognizes our lives are multi-layered. The issues of racism, classism, homophobia, bi erasure, transphobia, and ableism intersect directly with gender inequality. This concept was first articulated by Kimberlé Crenshaw and is described in depth here
- We fully support reproductive justice which encompasses GLBTQ care, infertility, adoption, abortion, and more.